Notice: Undefined variable: post_list in /home/schoolug/public_html/dev/wp-content/themes/schoolnet/functions.php on line 559
Avance International University constitutes a timely, distinct and important endeavor to contribute towards the contemporary practices of higher education. Avance is concerned with the ultra-specialization of academic knowledge into discrete disciplines and also favors the disciplinary and trans- disciplinary forms of research. Instead of looking at society as the recipient of reliable knowledge, Avance advocates for the joint production of knowledge and services with society through practice and innovation.
It is this unwavered vision that we come with to contribute to the reignition of higher education, as the world over the mood is restructuring to meet the changing labor market demands, which point to quality teaching and research coupled with scientific and technological innovation.
To lead in innovative higher education for social, economic and technological transformation.
To enhance accessibility to innovative higher education, in the pursuit of producing competent citizens ready to change and benefit the society for a sustainable social economic transformation.
The university operates under a number of faculties which include the following:
- Faculty of Business Management
- Faculty of education
- Faculty of computing and information technology
- Faculty of engineering
- There are different courses in the different faculties.
The university has three intakes in the year. That is to say February, May, and September.
The following are admission requirements for undergraduate courses
- 2 Principal passes at UACE level and at least 5 passes at UCE level or the equivalent OR a recognized Diploma from a recognized higher institution of learning or its equivalent.
- Mature Age Entry Examinations and Pre Entry Examinations are considered.
- Access Programme examinations for international students with qualifications that differ from those of Uganda.
- KCSE with C+ and above or plus any other relevant qualification.
- GCSE/GCE Advanced with 2 passes with C grade in the relevant subjects.
- IBPD with 26 points and above and IGCSE with at least 60%
- A National Diplome detat. Applicants in this category are subjected to an English proficiency course first before enrolling to a degree course.
The vice chancellor is Prof. EHK Nsubuga Ph.D, is an eminent and known scholar of Education. He is an academician who started teaching at Makerere University where he lectured for many years.
He was both the first Dean of School of Education and Vice Chancellor of Ndejje Univeristy, the first private University in Uganda.
He has authored many books and contributed chapters in several international media.